Last Updated July 10, 2015
These Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms") are entered into by and between you and Wisconsin Cheese Group, LLC (“WCG”). In consideration of your use of and access to this Internet site, and other websites, services and apps on which these Terms are posted or expressly referenced ("WCG Sites"), and the promises and obligations herein, and intending to be legally bound, you and WCG hereby agree as follows:
1. Changes in Terms
WCG shall have the right at any time and without prior notice, at its sole discretion, to revise these Terms or to impose new terms and conditions with respect to access to or use of the WCG Sites. Such revisions and additions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means, including without limitation posting the revised or additional terms and conditions on the WCG Sites.
These Terms are effective until terminated by WCG. WCG may terminate these Terms without notice and at any time in connection with any of the WCG Sites. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access those WCG Sites. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to the Content (defined below), and the disclaimers, indemnities, and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms shall survive termination.
WCG shall also have the right without notice, for any reason and at any time to terminate some or all of the WCG Sites or any feature or portion thereof, or any products or services offered through them, or to terminate any individual's right to access or use of the WCG Sites or any feature or portion thereof.
3. Intended users
The WCG Sites are not intended for or directed at users under the age of 18.
4. Use of Site
While using WCG Sites, you agree that you will not:
- Upload, send, or otherwise transmit any content or information that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes on WCG’s or any third party's intellectual property or other rights;
- Use the services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others;
- Upload, send or otherwise transmit any information or software that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Use WCG Sites for any unlawful purpose;
- Modify, adapt, frame, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the WCG Sites; or
- Use any spider, robot, crawler, or other automated or manual means to retrieve, index, “scrape”, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of WCG Sites or their contents.
5. WCG Site Content
The text, images, trademarks, trade names, photographs, graphics, logos, illustrations, descriptions, data, and other material provided by WCG on or through the WCG Sites, as well as the selection, assembly, and arrangement thereof, are referred to collectively as the "Content".
The Content may contain errors, omissions, or typographical errors or may be out of date. WCG may change, delete, or update any Content at any time and without prior notice. The Content is provided for informational purposes only and is not binding on WCG in any way except to the extent it is specifically indicated to be so.
Unless otherwise noted, all Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary rights that are owned by WCG or by third parties that have licensed their use to WCG. You may view and use the Content only for your personal information and you shall retain intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as provided in the foregoing, WCG does not grant to you or any person any right to use, reproduce, copy, modify, transmit, display, publish, sell, license, create derivative works, publicly perform, or distribute by any means, method, or process whatsoever, now known or hereafter developed, any of the Content on or transmitted through the WCG Sites, including without limitation by transferring, downloading, or otherwise copying any Content onto a hard drive or other storage medium. Any use of the Content, except as specifically permitted in these Terms or as otherwise expressly permitted in the Content or in a writing signed by WCG, is strictly prohibited.
6. User Contributions
The WCG Sites may contain forums, contest entry pages, bulletin boards, blogs, comment sections or other interactive features (collectively, "Interactive Services") that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, "Post") content or materials (collectively, "User Contributions") on or through the WCG Sites.
All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the WCG Sites, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their respective licensees, successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, and non-revocable license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, reproduce, modify, display online and in any present or future media, create derivative works of, or to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such User Contribution.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- All of your User Contributions do and will comply with these Terms.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not WCG, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the WCG Sites.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the WCG Sites or the public or could create liability for the Company.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the WCG Sites.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the WCG Sites for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the WCG Sites.
However, we cannot review all material before it is posted on the WCG Sites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
7. Copyright Infringement Policy
Reporting Copyright Infringement
WCG takes claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the WCG Sites infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the WCG Sites by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the WCG Sites, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You may submit your DMCA Notice to the address below:
Attn: Copyright Agent
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the WCG Sites is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable access to the WCG Site and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
9. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability as to the WCG Site, Content, and Services
WCG MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE WCG SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE OR ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING THE AVAILABILITY OF ANY SITE OR THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS ON IT OR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THAT CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS. WCG ALSO DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WCG SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WCG SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE WCG SITES IS PROVIDED TO USERS "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, OR ACCURACY. THE "AS IS" CONDITION OF CONTENT IS EXPRESSLY MADE A CONDITION OF ANY TRANSACTION ARISING THROUGH OR AS A RESULT OF THE WCG SITES. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WCG, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE ANY OF THE WCG SITES OR ANY LINKED SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WCG IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless WCG, WCG’s vendors, and their affiliates and related entities and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and costs (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs), arising out of or relating to your breach of these Terms, your User Contributions, or your access to or use of the WCG Sites. You are solely responsible for interactions with our business partners and affiliated companies and other users of WCG Sites. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release WCG from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service provided through the Site and any conduct, action, or inaction by a business partner or affiliated company. The foregoing indemnification obligation shall survive termination of these Terms and the operation of the WCG Sites or any product or service provided to you arising out of or relating to your use of the WCG Sites.
11. Third-Party Content Disclaimer
WCG routinely contains links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other websites, WCG does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to WCG. WCG does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to WCG Sites assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
12. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to your access, use, and receipt of services from WCG Sites and supersede all prior agreements, negotiations and discussions between you and WCG relating to the same. There are no third-party beneficiaries of the agreement.
No waiver by WCG of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other provisions of the Terms. The headings and captions in these Terms are intended for convenience only and shall in no way affect the interpretation of the Terms.
Access to or use of the WCG Sites shall not be construed as WCG’s purposeful availment of the privilege or benefits of doing business in any state or legal jurisdiction other than the State of New York. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Additionally, any claims brought against WCG shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Sole and exclusive jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this Agreement, use of the WCG Sites, or any services provided through WCG Sites, shall be in the state or federal courts located in the State of New York.